Turkish Gourmet 101: Firinda Kiymali Kabak
I have spent almost 10 years, single, living on my own. In these 10 years, I had almost no extra effort to get used to cooking. My menu did not go more than 5 minutes chicken fry or all-in-one omelette. Since I got married, I got used to (or had to 🙂 spending some value added time in the kitchen. Joy of trying something new, exploring Turkish cuisine and sharing the preparation workload is something new for me. This is why I added a new category to Trippie, named Turkish Gourmet.
Anyways, this time, we have Firinda Kiymali Kabak (Zucchini with Minced Meat in the Oven) in our menu. First, let`s see the ingredients.
Zucchini, mincemeat, onion, tomatoes, tomato paste, olive oil, cheese and spices. You mix them all and let in the oven. That`s it.
- Prepare the zucchinis and slice them into thin pieces.
- Let them in the oven for half an hour.
- Mix mincemeat, onion and tomatoes in a pan and fry them for short time.
- Pour the mix on the zucchinis, add olive oil and spices for 10 more minutes.
- Put slice of cheese on top of your mix and let all in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with love.
This is our tariff but there are various versions as below.
I sincerely believe Turkish cuisine is definitely nr. 1 in the world, with all flavors, spices, thousands of recipe types, etc. Hence, I am not the only one thinking this way. Check this one, that one, another one, the one here, etc.
Then it is time to enjoy a home-made `Firinda Kiymali Kabak`, prepared with love of my wife, Deren.